One of the most versatile and engaging toys for a kitten or cat is a play tunnel. These simple toys are very interesting to cats and will provide them with hours of playtime. A cat or kitten tunnel can be the perfect toy for entertaining your pet.
Cat Tunnel Versatility
Cat play tunnels come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some are made of luxurious, soft materials while others are simple in construction. Some are bendable, with ‘ribs’ while others are made of thick cloth. One variety, known as a crinkle tunnel might even make a little noise, which is interesting to the cat or kitten.
Depending on what you are looking for, some possible features to consider might include:
- Sturdy materials
- Tunnels that are quiet or that make crinkling noises
- materials that will not harm the cat
- tunnels that can be tied together
- tunnels in a T shape to add variety and interest
- materials that are comfortable
- ease of cleaning
- ability to collapse so they can be stored conveniently
- wide circumference to accommodate any size cat
What Cat Tunnels Do for Your Cat or Kitten
Kittens have lots of energy and many older cats are surprisingly agile too. If your cat is bored, using the tunnel may help perk them up. A cat tunnel can be something your cat will enjoy. With a tunnel, your cat can:
- run around and into the tunnel
- look out through peep holes
- enjoy exploring, especially if you put more than one or two together
- relax or sleep after playing
- drag other toys into it
- play hide and seek with you or another cat
- jump out and ‘scare’ you or another pet
Responsible Pet ‘Parenting’ in Action
It is the job of a responsible pet ‘parent’ to create a world that is appealing and interesting for their pet. For the average indoor cat, obesity and boredom can be real problems. Cat toys such as condos and tunnels provide a way to exercise and have fun.